Production Technician – AST (Brooklyn Center, MN)
Location: Brooklyn Center, MN
Do you think glue is cool and looking to build a career with a leading custom adhesive solutions provider? If so, let’s stick together!
When you join our team, you become part of the most fascinating industry nobody ever thinks about. Adhesives are everywhere. Most of the products you buy – and the packages they come in – are made with glues, sealants, and other adhesives.
Our people, and their relentless commitment to our customers, are at the heart of what we do and key to our success. At APPLIED Adhesives, we are dedicated to continuing to build an equitable and inclusive culture together.
We are seeking a full-time Production Technician to support our fluid dispensing equipment business. Adhesive Systems Technology designs and manufactures dispense equipment for adhesives and sealants in the industrial and construction markets. This individual should be skilled in working with hand tools, power equipment, shipping and receiving, and breaking down and cleaning equipment.
- Mechanical assembly of dispensing equipment both sub-assemblies and entire machines
- All assembly will be done with hand, power, and pneumatic tools, along with some sheet metal work
- Crating of machines for freight shipment
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Perform various tasks to aid daily operations as reasonably given
Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years of recent experience in mechanical assembly preferred, but not required
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Self-driven and able to work well both independently and with a team
- Technical background, preferably with experience in fluids/hydraulics
- Ability to work with and learn from senior employees on the job
- Ability to handle objects weighing up to 25 lbs and on occasion may be expected to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent
Compensation commensurate with experience.
APPLIED Adhesives, founded in 1971, is a premier adhesive solutions provider for the packaging, paper converting, graphic arts, bottle labeling, product assembly, and automotive industries. The company is a value-added distributor of hot melt, water-based, and reactive adhesives as well as dispensing equipment. APPLIED Adhesives serves as a critical supply chain partner to leading adhesive manufacturers and formulators by offering reach and high service levels to an expansive customer base.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.