SolutionsWhat Are Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives?
Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives (PSA) are tacky at room temperature—there is no need to activate with water, solvent, or heat. PSAs can firmly adhere with light pressure from a finger, and can be removable, semi-permanent, or permanent. Substrates like paper, plastic, glass, wood, cement, and metal are all appropriate for pressure-sensitive tape or pressure-sensitive glue.
How Does Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Work?
APPLIED Adhesives’ hot-melt PSA is 100% solid, does not require flash curing, and is a low-cost option for:
- Rigid packaging, adhering to the most difficult stock
- Non-woven or disposable hygiene products
- Labeling on bottles and cans
- Graphic arts and bookbinding for joint and side glue
- Tape and film manufacturing
- Fugitive adhesives, providing a temporary bond that allow materials to be easy separated
- Laminating and roll coating