Packaging Market Business Development Specialist (Remote)
APPLIED Adhesives is a premier, value-added distributor of hot melt, water-based, and reactive adhesives, and dispensing equipment and parts solutions for the packaging, paper converting, graphic arts, bottle labeling, product assembly, automotive, and woodworking industries. APPLIED provides its customers and the markets they serve with the most innovative and cost-efficient adhesive and equipment solutions in North America. APPLIED Adhesives is known as a true partner to both its suppliers and customers and is respected for the value-added services it provides. At APPLIED, we’ve got you covered.
APPLIED Adhesives is an equal opportunity company.
APPLIED Adhesives requires a Business Development Specialist, focused on Packaging and Paper Converting Markets, with a background in adhesives and equipment. This person will support the sales team in key areas including outbound prospecting, lead qualification and conversion, and administrative support. They will be responsible for sales prospecting activities that create and qualify new opportunities for our outside sales team. The Business Development Specialist will report to the Segment Marketing Manager to help build a pipeline for our sales division to drive significant revenue growth.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Engage in two-way communication with inbound and outbound leads to qualify and convert into new prospects.
- Find new opportunities for business and sourcing pipeline through lead databases, online web browsing, and social media sourcing.
- Research leads/prospects/accounts; identify key contacts and use marketing resources to generate interest through our diverse campaign channels.
- Gain competitive and market intelligence on related industry events. Assess competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitive information and trends.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales and/or Marketing teams for further development and appointments utilizing Salesforce CRM
- Review opportunity reporting that will allow the sales team to stay on target with their sales goals
- Respond, engage, and qualify inbound leads and inquiries.
- Report clear progress via dashboards, metrics, and analytics.
- Cold call and email prospects generated by a variety of internal and external resources.
- Create target prospect lists and proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
Skills and Experience:
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Business, Marketing, or similar field.
- Experience – Minimum of 2 years in adhesive and/or adhesive dispensing equipment, end-of-line packaging and/or product assembly market-focused, inside sales, lead generation or business development roles. Experience with LinkedIn Navigator, Salesforce, ZoomInfo, and/or D&B Hoovers a plus.
- Mindset – Understands lead generation and business development process. Ability to translate research and learnings, to actionable tasks and help define role with APPLIED. Results-oriented with entrepreneurial mindset.
- Project Management – Highly organized with strong planning, facilitation, collaboration, and execution skills. Ability to lead without authority.
- Interpersonal – Entrepreneurial acumen, ability to communicate at all levels within an organization, build and manage relationships. Also, have proven experience & ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Communication – Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills. Strong computer skills, MS Office, Windows O/S, Social Media Comfort and command of Salesforce CRM platform and LinkedIn Navigator are a plus.