Machinist- AST (Brooklyn Center, MN)
Machinist – Adhesive Systems Technology
Location: Brooklyn Center, MN
Do you think glue is cool and looking to build a career with a leading custom adhesive solutions provider? If so, let’s stick together!
When you join our team, you become part of the most fascinating industry nobody ever thinks about. Adhesives are everywhere. Most of the products you buy – and the packages they come in – are made with glues, sealants, and other adhesives.
Our people, and their relentless commitment to our customers, are at the heart of what we do and key to our success. At APPLIED Adhesives, we are dedicated to continuing to build an equitable and inclusive culture together.
We are seeking a Machinist to support our fluid dispensing equipment business. Adhesive Systems Technology designs and manufactures dispense equipment for adhesives and sealants in the industrial and construction markets. This individual should be a skilled machine builder/mechanical assembler to perform piece work for equipment builds.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available, anticipating needed stock, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt of
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry, proving part
- Sets up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers, indicating vices, tramming
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to international
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for
Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years of recent experience in machining preferred
- Conceptual skills and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints along with use of rulers, calipers & other measuring tools
- Functional and technical background, preferably with experience in fluids/hydraulics
- Controls and instrumentation
- Tooling knowledge
- Hand-eye coordination
- Ability to handle objects weighing up to 25 lbs and on occasion may be expected to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Inventory control (helping keep track of raw material inventory)
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills using sound judgment to make decisions
- Self-driven and ability to work well both independently and within a team
- High school degree or equivalent
APPLIED Adhesives, founded in 1971, is a premier adhesive solutions provider for the packaging, paper converting, graphic arts, bottle labeling, product assembly, and automotive industries. The company is a value-added distributor of hot melt, water-based, and reactive adhesives as well as dispensing equipment. APPLIED Adhesives serves as a critical supply chain partner to leading adhesive manufacturers and formulators by offering reach and high service levels to an expansive customer base.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.