In House Technician – Brighton, MI
Location: Brighton, MI
Reports To: Plant Manager
Scope: Responsible for in house equipment configuration and assembly of new systems and components, troubleshooting and repairs of used equipment and maintenance within an industrial production warehouse facility.
Purpose: Mechanically configure and assembly new dispense systems and components, repair existing equipment; and general facility maintenance activities to support operations and the customer order fulfillment process.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations:
1) In-house assembly, testing and demonstration of industrial dispensing equipment, systems and components. Expectations: Performing activities in a timely and efficient manner maximizing throughput in the shop while maintaining high quality
2) Follow the sites safety and environmental policies.
Expectations: Appropriate PPE worn in designated areas and when handling hazardous materials. Follows safe work practices including lock out tag out. Immediately report incidents, near misses and unsafe work conditions. Assist with routine inspections of equipment and facilities. Maintain cleanliness and organization of facilities and equipment.
3) Managing the wastewater and solids waste disposal process and systems.
Expectations: Ensure waste is processed in a timely manner to minimize impact on operations and ensure compliance with regulations through accurate record keeping.
4) Monitoring and maintaining inventory levels for facilities supplies, tools and equipment.
Expectations: Complete and submit purchase requisitions when needed. Coordination with procurement on ordering required materials and services.
5) Commitment to continuous development of skill set and knowledge base as it relates to the job function. Expectation: Desire to participate in personal and professional growth opportunities such as cross training.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• 2+ years’ experience with electromechanical industrial equipment in an industrial environment or in the military
• Ability to read and understand product literature and blueprints
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask
• Ability to stand for up to 7 hours in an 8-hour shift
• Experience working with AC/DC voltage
• High School Diploma/GED
• Ability to lift 55 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Basic math skills
• Basic Microsoft Office computer skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Forklift Certified
• Previous experience with industrial dispense equipment
• Experience and ability to perform welding activities including MIG, TIG, ARC, cutting and brazing
• Previous experience in machine shop environment
• General metal working machining experience; lathe, mill, cutoff saw
• Previous shipping/receiving experience with small packages and palletized machines
APPLIED Adhesives, founded in 1971, is a premier adhesive solutions provider for the packaging, paper converting, graphic arts, bottle labeling, product assembly, and automotive industries. The company is a value-added distributor of hot melt, water-based, and reactive adhesives as well as dispensing equipment. APPLIED Adhesives serves as a critical supply chain partner to leading adhesive manufacturers and formulators by offering reach and high service levels to an expansive customer base.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.