The Field Service Technician position is heavily involved in the adhesive and equipment sales process and is the primary technical interface for an assigned set of geographically grouped customers and Applied sales professionals. This person will be the technical liaison between customers and the larger Applied team including, sales, management, customer support, and suppliers. Work hours are based on a typical 40 hours work week Monday through Friday. However, customers may require installs, maintenance, and repairs outside normal working hours which may also include but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays that the employee will periodically be required to work.
Field Service Technician (Chicago Northern, IL)
Field Service Technician (Chicago, Northern, IL)
Location: Chicago, Northern, IL
- Travel to customers to support technical and sales reviews, training seminars, demonstrations, and product/process troubleshooting.
- Installation of adhesive equipment and other equipment at customer locations.
- Technical liaison between customers and the Applied team
- Make product suggestions and process improvement recommendations to customers
- Support R&D and TS laboratory project prioritization by submitting project requests, clear communication, and timeline coordination
- Analyze and interpret laboratory and customer data for technical accuracy and completeness. Prepare results in professional reports, presentations, and data packages for internal and external candidates.
- Prepare reports for all demonstrations, presentations and customer facing visits
- Assists inside and outside sales representatives in preparing cost estimates for equipment orders.
- Input information in regards to customer visits into MPulse.
- Education – Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, not required, but preferred.
- Problem-Solving/Trouble Shooting – Well organized, process and data driven, logical thought-process, the ability to make decisions and act on them.
- Communication – Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal – Ability to build and manage relationships and demonstrate resilience and ability to handle difficult situations with a positive “can do” attitude. Also, have a proven experience & ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Technology – Strong computer skills with ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently, proficient keyboard abilities, MS Office, Windows O/S, and MPulse.
Experience and Skills Needed:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and use independent judgement.
- Displays personal and business integrity.
- Ability to work weekends and/or evenings.
- Ability to handle objects weighing up to 25 lbs. and on occasion may be expected to list objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.