We are seeking a motivated, hard-working self-starter to join our Team for an organization which has experienced rapid growth and will continue to grow at a similar rate for the foreseeable future. We are seeking a highly-motivated, experienced Engineering Project Manager who displays strong communication, interpersonal skills and embraces a growth mindset.
Engineering Project Manager, Adhesive Systems Technology (a division of Applied Products)
Production Manager, Adhesive Systems Technology (a division of Applied Products)
Applied Products, Inc.
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A GROWING/DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION? DO YOU THINK GLUE IS COOL?
If so, then we want to talk with you!!
- Perform Engineering tasks in the development of new products and cost reduction.
- Participation in development of Product Specification
- Produce conceptual designs
- Guide development process to produce practical designs
- Creation of detailed design drawings
- Identification of applicable standards
- Analysis of design to applicable standards
- Analysis of design using engineering analysis tools and techniques
- Review of instruction manuals and product literature
- Define and lead prototype development and lab and field tests
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work with manufacturing on process development
- Conduct design reviews, safety reviews, etc.
- Leader of new product development projects as required
- Complete project feasibility and Pre-Prod authorizations
- Create and maintain project schedules
Manage project to meet schedules, including:
- Working with other team members to ensure satisfactory completion of all steps in development process
- Identification and communication of threats to schedule to appropriate management
- Provide periodic oral and written reports of project status
- Proposing and developing proper equipment to fulfill customer needs
Direct and perform standard product support activities such as:
- Troubleshooting product problems in manufacturing or customer sites
- Initiating corrective action activities
Learn, participate in development, and apply knowledge of:
- Stay abreast of developments in technical field to maintain technical knowledge
- AST Applied product line
- Operational systems
- AST – Applied and industry design standards
- AST – Applied’s customer applications and requirements
Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications: Education: BS Degree in Engineering
Experience and Skills Needed:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Excellent engineering/technical aptitude
- Ability to recognize product needs and trends in the marketplace that affect product requirements
- Experience using SolidWorks and AutoCad
- Understanding working with PLC controllers
Problem-Solving/Trouble Shooting – Well organized, process and data driven, logical thought-process, the ability to make decisions and act on them, solid analytical skills, requires a strong initiative, proactive nature and a sense of urgency
Communication – Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.