Application Specialist (Atlanta, GA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Do you think glue is cool and looking to build a career with a leading custom adhesive solutions provider? If so, let’s stick together!
When you join our team, you become part of the most fascinating industry nobody ever thinks about. Adhesives are everywhere. Most of the products you buy – and the packages they come in – are made with glues, sealants, and other adhesives.
Our people, and their relentless commitment to our customers, are at the heart of what we do and key to our success. At APPLIED Adhesives, we are dedicated to continuing to build an equitable and inclusive culture together.
We are seeking a motivated, hard‐working, self‐starter to work in our Applications Lab to support our National Sales Force in Product Recommendations, Product Line Development and Troubleshooting for a US‐based company that has experienced rapid growth and will continue to grow at a similar rate for the foreseeable future. We offer a competitive base salary plus bonus, and full benefits: Health, Dental, Life, Disability and 401(k).
- Provide On‐Site and Remote Customer Service and Technical Support for various adhesive applications, such as End of Line Packaging, Converting, Graphic Arts and Product Assembly; including product demonstrations, trials, equipment installation and technical training for
- Strong rapport with customers and organizational teams, providing technical assistance and troubleshooting through training, experience, knowledge and use of available resources; assisting in product recommendation, selection and technical scouting for new product
- Provide support to sales executives through creation and follow‐up of various sales related Responding to customer and sales inquiries related to order status, pricing, lead time, technical questions, problem solving, requests for information with timeliness and professionalism.
- Utilize various technologies and methods to manage workflow, communicate with outside and inside contacts, create content and access information.
- Ability to collaborate with team and organizational partners as well as being self‐motivated to prioritize, complete and communicate work‐flow efficiently and effectively.
- Utilize contact management system as a resource to manage technical requests, input new account and contact information, update existing information, create sales activities and goals/tasks, track leads and generating reports based on sales metrics from
- Flexibility to work in various professional environments, including offices, manufacturing facilities and laboratories. Including the ability to productively communicate and collaborate with a wide variety of personalities and skill levels. Ability to travel as needed to customer locations within
- High level of integrity and confidentiality; showing good judgment and professionalism in all job‐ related functions and correspondences; being a responsible custodian and steward of organizational assets and relationships.
Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree or five plus years’ experience in Technical or Adhesives related field, with experience applicable to the duties and responsibilities noted
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across business
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to set and meet specific measurable goals and objectives; working as a team on common goals as well as setting your own schedule and prioritizing
- Willingness to work in various environments and adapt to situations as
- Travel as required for on‐site visits, training and business support; up to 25%
APPLIED Adhesives, founded in 1971, is a premier adhesive solutions provider for the packaging, paper converting, graphic arts, bottle labeling, product assembly, and automotive industries. The company is a value-added distributor of hot melt, water-based, and reactive adhesives as well as dispensing equipment. APPLIED Adhesives serves as a critical supply chain partner to leading adhesive manufacturers and formulators by offering reach and high service levels to an expansive customer base.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.