Parts Sales Consultant (Sacramento, CA)
Parts Sales Consultant
Location: Sacramento, CA
Do you think glue is cool and looking to build a career with a leading custom adhesive solutions provider? If so, let’s stick together!
When you join our team, you become part of the most fascinating industry nobody ever thinks about. Adhesives are everywhere. Most of the products you buy – and the packages they come in – are made with glues, sealants, and other adhesives.
Our people, and their relentless commitment to our customers, are at the heart of what we do and key to our success. At APPLIED Adhesives, we are dedicated to continuing to build an equitable and inclusive culture together.
We are seeking a Parts Sales Consultant who will play a pivotal role in supporting our clients through exceptional customer service. As a Parts Sales Consultant, you will serve as a liaison to our sales team to assist with business development to maximize opportunities and engage with our customers.
- Utilize various communication channels to identify and initiate selling opportunities
- Manage all customer service requests in a timely manner, including but not limited to order entry, pricing, providing availability, returns, and work orders
- Engage with new clients as our parts expert
- Research and identify customers’ parts needs
- Maintain the company database, ensuring the accuracy of pertinent details such as contact name, job title, and contact information
- Generate sales leads for Account Executives through outbound communication methods leveraging company database and other approved resources
- Develop target accounts and maintain strong working relationships with established customers
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years sales/customer service experience required
- Demonstrated experience negotiating effectively and educating customers about products and services
- Ability to produce sales quotes and proposals, and develop new account relationships
- Manage a high volume of recurring transactions in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner
- Ability to prioritize while working on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Enjoy working in a growing, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Work well independently and within a team
APPLIED Adhesives, founded in 1971, is a premier adhesive solutions provider for the packaging, paper converting, graphic arts, bottle labeling, product assembly, and automotive industries. The company is a value-added distributor of hot melt, water-based, and reactive adhesives as well as dispensing equipment. APPLIED Adhesives serves as a critical supply chain partner to leading adhesive manufacturers and formulators by offering reach and high service levels to an expansive customer base.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.