Machinist – Adhesive Systems Technology – Brooklyn Center, MN
Machinist – Adhesive Systems Technology
Location: Brooklyn Center, MN
Do you think glue is cool and looking to build a career with a leading custom adhesive solutions provider? If so, let’s stick together!
When you join our team, you become part of the most fascinating industry nobody ever thinks about. Adhesives are everywhere. Most of the products you buy – and the packages they come in – are made with glues, sealants, and other adhesives.
Our people, and their relentless commitment to our customers, are at the heart of what we do and key to our success. At APPLIED Adhesives, we are dedicated to continuing to build an equitable and inclusive culture together.
We are seeking a Machinist to support our fluid dispensing equipment business. Adhesive Systems Technology designs and manufactures dispense equipment for adhesives and sealants in the industrial and construction markets. This individual should be a skilled machinist.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry, proving part programs.
- Sets up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers, indicating vices, trimming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting, and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by routine maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and reporting issues to Plant Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of recent experience in machining preferred
- Experience in manual lathe & milling preferred
- Hurco CNC vertical & turning mill operating & programming, conversational experience preferred
- Mazak CNC vertical & turning mill, operating & programming using Mazatrol experience preferred
- Aid in tool design
- Mig/Tig Welding experience a plus
- Conceptual skills and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints along with use of rulers, calipers & other measuring tools
- Controls and instrumentation
- Tooling knowledge
- Hand-eye coordination
- Ability to lift heavy loads
- Inventory control (helping keep track of raw material inventory)
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills using sound judgment to make decisions
- Self-driven and ability to work well both independently and within a team
- Vocational Trade School for Machining preferred
- High school degree or equivalent
APPLIED Adhesives, founded in 1971, is a premier adhesive solutions provider for the packaging, paper converting, graphic arts, bottle labeling, product assembly, and automotive industries. The company is a value-added distributor of hot melt, water-based, and reactive adhesives as well as dispensing equipment. APPLIED Adhesives serves as a critical supply chain partner to leading adhesive manufacturers and formulators by offering reach and high service levels to an expansive customer base.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.